The AMA Education System (“AMAes”) is a well-established private education conglomerate composed of the following member schools: AMA Colleges, AMA Computer College, AMA Computer University, Inc., ABE International College of Business and Accountancy, ABE International College of Business and Economics, AMA Computer Learning Center, ACLC College, St. Augustine International School, St. Augustine School of Nursing, St. Augustine College, AMA Schools of Medicine, Delta Air International Aviation Academy, Southern Luzon College of Business, Maritime, Science and Technology, Inc. and Sta. Veronica College.
AMAes abides by the policies of the State to protect the fundamental human right to privacy and communication, while supportive in ensuring the free flow of information for innovation and growth of our Nation’s learners.
III. Definition of Terms
The terms provided herein can be found under R.A. 10173, Sec. 3, par. b, par. c, par. g and par. l, respectively.
Consent of the data subject – refers to any freely given, specific, informed indication of will, whereby the data subject agrees to the collection and processing of personal information about and/or relating to him or her. Consent shall be evidenced by written, electronic or recorded means. It may also be given on behalf of the data subject by an agent specifically authorized by the data subject to do so.
Data subject – refers to an individual whose personal information is processed.
Personal Information – refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. (Article No. and Section under the Data Privacy Act)
Sensitive Personal Information – refers to personal information:
(1) About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
(2) About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
(3) Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
(4) Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Consent or authorization from applicants, students, and alumni of AMAes will be secured first prior to any collection, process, storage, access, use, and sharing or transfer of personal data by AMAes. Consent will be secured through paper-based or electronic form.
If the applicant, student, or alumnae/alumnus is below eighteen (18) years of age, AMAes requires said applicant, student, or alumna/alumnus to secure consent or authority from their parents, or any legal guardian, in order for their information be processed. The consent or authority of the parents or legal guardians must expressly authorize AMAes to collect, process, store, use, access, and share or transfer the personal data of the minor.
The consent form to be filled out by the applicant, student, or alumnae/alumnus and their parents or legal guardians, if said applicant, student or alumnae/alumnus is still a minor or who is below eighteen (18) years of age when enrolling in AMAes, maybe requested within the respective school campus, where said applicant, student, or alumna/alumnus is having transaction with.
V. Processing of Personal Data
By giving us your consent, you authorize AMAes to collect, process, store, access, and use information from you. AMAes shall endeavor to protect the information we collect from you.
The information that AMAes may collect, store, process, or use from its applicants and students may vary depending upon the transaction entered into with AMAes. The information you provide us with is used to respond to your interest in our products or services and only for purposes allowed by law.
A. Information obtained or processed by AMAes through any forms submitted to us
Information with an asterisk (*) is considered to be sensitive information under the Data Privacy Act.
Your Personal Information:
- Contact number,
- Civil Status
Your personal circumstances:
- Family Background,
- Employment History,
- Educational Background,*
- Medical records;*
- Contents of any Government ID*;
- Other personal identification necessary for the delivery of our service you intend to avail of.*
- CCTV footages for security purposes when you visit any branch of AMAes.
Information we obtain in accessing our website at amaes.edu.ph
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you submitted to us through any means,
- Your IP address and cookies from which you accessed our website, and details of which version of web browser and operating system you used,
- The date and time of your visit in our website,
- Google Analytics data, which is information on how you use our website, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve our website,
- The website address of the website from which you accessed our website,
- The approximate location from which you viewed our website,
B. How are the information obtained from applicants, students, and alumni USED by AMAes
- Respond to their inquiries,
- Checking of their background,
- Assess their credentials for academic admission,
- Processing of their credentials for enrollment purposes or scholarship grants,
- Register them in AMAes courses/services,
- Evaluation and recording of students work such as but not limited to, quizzes and tests,
- Track their academic progress,
- Deliver announcements and other relevant information,
- Provide them with helpful sources and materials,
- Offer them AMAes courses, products, and services,
- Maintain and update applicants’ and students’ database and records in our system,
- Facilitate their use of our website and services,
- Solicits their participation in our online survey,
- Research in developing and improving our products and services,
- For advertisement or marketing purposes to promote AMAes’ other courses or services,
- Comply with any laws, orders or regulations of any Government agencies, and orders of Philippines Courts,
- Comply with any Company policy of AMAes
- Such other purposes allowed by law.
VI. How the information under the custody of AMAes Accessed and Stored.
It is to be stressed that due to the serious effort of AMAes to protect all data under its custody, only the applicant, student, and alumna himself or herself, as well as the authorized representatives of AMAes can access such personal data. Personal data will always be accessed for lawful purpose. Authorized representatives of AMAes whose task is to process information of applicants and students are also under an obligation of confidentiality.
We store the data we collect from our Data Subjects in the School Information System of AMAes. As an applicant or student or alumna, AMAes stores your information only for a period necessary in connection with the service or product you availed from us. Our information storage mechanism ensures secure storage of your data. AMAes also has policies and procedures intended to protect data under its custody. AMAes’ system and websites are regularly checked for any suspicious activity that may affect data under our custody.
VII. How AMAes shares, transfers, or discloses information under its custody
AMAes guarantees that when data is being transferred or shared by AMAes, the authorized representative of AMAes who transfers and receives such information is under an obligation of confidentiality.
It should be stressed that in case an applicant or a student wants to cross-enroll from one school under AMAes to another, a consent form will be signed by said applicant or student, to authorize his/her present school to share his/her data with another school to which said applicant/student will be cross-enrolling to. Sharing of one data from one school to another shall only be done for the purpose of cross-enrollment,
AMAes may disclose and share information of its applicants, students, and alumni:
- With various units within AMAes or to any of its branches or subsidiaries to fully understand their respective records or for any investigation conducted by AMAes to prevent any unlawful or suspicious activity;
- To any of its affiliates or third-parties for legitimate purposes and only in connection with the services and products of AMAes,
- To any service providers who may need access to the information for the purpose of carrying out work on behalf of AMAes,
- To any Government agencies such as but not limited to, CHED, DepEd, and TESDA, pursuant to law, regulations, or investigations conducted by them,
- To a third person if it is pursuant to a Court order,
- To the applicant, student, or alumna/alumnus with regard to their own school records under the custody of AMAes, when requested.
VIII. Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
AMAes, in compliance with Data Privacy Act, will only retain personal data collected from its websites or from forms/communications submitted to us, for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
AMAes hereby informs all data subjects that the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his or her personal information from the custody of AMAes is based upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information of the data subject are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
IX. What are your rights under the Data Privacy Act as Data Subject (IRR of R.A. No. 10173, Rule VIII, Sec. 34)
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure or blocking of Personal Data
X. Policy Revisions
XI. Other policies.